The Chicago market continues to be a hotbed for All Elite Wrestling, as the AEW Revolution 2020 pay-per-view scheduled for February 29th at the WinTrust Arena in the Chi-Town area saw tickets sell out in under an hour after going on sale on Friday.
AEW Revolution will be the first PPV for the promotion in 2020 and will take place during the Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo weekend, an annual Mid-Western U.S. pop culture convention in Chicago geared toward comic book and entertainment fans.
As noted, the promotion announced on Monday that AEW has reached 100,000 live event tickets sold in their inaugural launch year of 2019, and it appears that the level of success has already continued with their first PPV event of the upcoming New Year.
AEW President Tony Khan — who gives one hell of a ‘Stone Cold Stunner’ when he makes his rare in-ring appearances (Watch Video Here) — has promised that the AEW Revolution 2020 PPV will feature “the biggest wrestling card we’ve ever presented.”
“AEW Revolution will be a huge pay-per-view event for AEW, featuring the biggest wrestling card we’ve ever presented at the heart of a three-day destination event in partnership with C2E2,” the AEW President & CEO said in an AEW Revolution press release sent out last Friday. “The experience in the South Loop of Chicago will be unlike anything we’ve seen in wrestling, and it will be all day, all night and all weekend.”
For what it’s worth, longtime editor of the trusted Wrestling Observer Newsletter at F4WOnline.com, Dave Meltzer, offered the following additional thoughts on his website about the AEW Revolution 2020 PPV selling out tickets in under an hour on Friday:
“The sellout comes at a time when actual sellouts in the U.S. are rare. AEW’s last sellout was in Philadelphia in October. WWE did sell out for Survivor Series in Chicago but the other three events that weekend did not, nor did AEW’s television taping that Wednesday.
“What was impressive is the sellout was done with no significant scalper activity which would make it the first major show to sell out without significant scalper activity since May. At this writing, there are only 328 secondary market tickets up. Usually, a show of this type that sells out would have no less than 1600 tickets at this point with average scalper activity and closer to 4000 with major activity.”
Make sure to join us here at Rajah.com on 2/29 for LIVE AEW Revolution 2020 PPV Results coverage from Chicago!
WWE & AEW NEWS, RUMORS & VIDEOS/PHOTOS* Stephanie McMahon: “There May Be A Need For Additional Women’s Championship Title In WWE”
* Update: John Cena Asks WWE To Have “Prominent Role” At WrestleMania 36 In Tampa Bay
* Edge WWE Comeback Seems Very Likely, Rumors Of Surprise Royal Rumble Return
* Cody Rhodes Reacts To NWA Naming 1/24 PPV “Hard Times” After Dusty Rhodes Promo
* New WWE NXT Star Scarlett Bordeaux Posts Sexy Photo Shoot: “Are You Guys Ready …”
* Update On Shayna Baszler Moving To WWE Main Roster Soon
* Watch: Top 10 Funniest Moments Of 2019 Ranked By WWE In New Special Video
* Roman Reigns Match, “Numerous WWE Stars” Confirmed For NYE On FOX Live Special
* Triple H On Rhea Ripley: “She Is The One Who Will Lead NXT Into The New Year”
* Watch: AEW President Tony Khan Delivers ‘Stone Cold Stunner’ In Special AEW Dark Segment (Video)
Rajah.com Social Media Interaction* Follow Rajah head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom